Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Kang Gary interview with Sohu TV



About my perspective in love, I haven’t been in love that many times, but after all I feel that the most important thing is matching each other. I haven't been in a relationship that’s worth going public with. Rather than going public, I should quickly meet someone, because I'm getting old. Before I'm getting any older, maybe I should get married.




Q: How was “Day Day Up”?
A: The hosts of “Day Day Up” are very interesting. They have many talents, they can do beat box, they can perform traditional music. I was surprised because of their talents. They also led the show neatly.


Q: Which Chinese singer does Kang Gary want to collaborate with?
A: I’ve heard some songs of Jane Zhang and her singing is awesome. If we have a chance, I’d love to collaborate with Jane Zhang in a song, I sing the Korean lyrics, Jane Zhang sings the Chinese lyrics, that’d be great. About the MV of that song, Zheng Kai will play the male lead, Song Ji Hyo will play the female lead.


Q: Comparing to "MR.GAE", the difference in "2002"'s style and breakthrough?
A: This album has both old-school and trendy feeling. I tried a wide variety of different styles. I've been making music for almost 20 years, but I kept thinking of myself as a rookie, because recently I'm also studying music. Leessang had released 8 albums, but preparing this album made me feel like starting over again. It was fresh.


Q: Hardships you went through preparing this album?
A: The hardest part, first and foremost, is my mind. To develop my passion again, I composed lyrics every day. "Why it doesn't work? Why it's like this?" I did lots of self-reflection and told myself in regret: "I've been too lazy". The process woke me up once again and it was worthwhile. To me the album is like an initial phase. Hope that everyone will listen and love it.


Q: Kang Gary’s songs mostly are about your own stories or your opinions in love. What do you think about love? Will you go public with your relationship?
A: I've written a lot about love. Rather than making it up, I wrote them from my self-experience in love and breakup. But until now I'm still not sure what love is. If you ask me what love is, I think that there's no right answer.
About my perspective in love, I haven’t been in love that many times, but after all I feel that the most important thing is matching each other. I haven't been in a relationship that’s worth going public with. Rather than going public, I should quickly meet someone, because I'm getting old. Before I'm getting any older, maybe I should get married.


Q: Monday Couple've been together for 5 years. What's attractive in Song Ji Hyo? What's your ideal type?
A: Everyone already knew this, Song Ji Hyo's personality is very cool. My first impression is she was very feminine. She didn't look like a picky type. As we films RM, I think she's very cool. She doesn't act like an (arrogant) actress. She's very kind.
About my ideal type, it seems I always prefer the Eastern style. I like girls that look innocent rather than girls with thick makeup.


Q: Kang Gary should get married at this age. Do you have any plan for marriage?
A: Of course I should get married sometimes in the future. But while preparing this album, think that marriage comes with responsibility. But now I want like to live with more responsibility with my music. That's why I'll push back marriage plan a little more.


Q: On Weibo, Kang Gary uploaded many photos of you practicing Chinese. Is Chinese hard? Can you say something in Chinese for us?
A: I learned Chinese for a while,  then I had to focus on composing. ”After finishing this album I have to learn it properly," I thought. Now I temporarily stopped learning. After my album is completed, I should start learning again.
When I do tours in China , I regretted that if only I could speak Chinese well, I could have interacted more with the audiences. I also thought like that when I filmed the show "Day Day Up". If I was better at Chinese, I could make the program more interesting. So I should start learning Chinese again. I even think that I should buy a house in Shanghai or Beijing. I live there, and whenever I need to film Running Man I come back to Korean. I want to learn Chinese that much.
When I was small, I also learned Chinese characters in an evening academy. I learned calligraphy when I was in elementary school. I knew many Chinese characters, but I didn't use them regularly so I forgot. I want to learn Chinese again.


Q: Kang Gary visited China many times before. Which cities do you like the most? Which dish is your favorite?
A: I always get surprised whenever I come to China because of its vast area. I thought: "They even have a place like this?" I went to Shanghai and Beijing many times, but Chongqing is really beautiful. It has big city and if you go to the outskirts, it's very peaceful and the nature is beautiful. In Chongqing there's a famous place where many apartments are built into a long wall. I took a photo at that place. It was very beautiful. Among many cities I visited recently, Chongqing is the most beautiful. And Chongqing's hot pot is very unique. I tried it and it was delicious.

Q: Chinese fans call you "Dog brother", do you like it?
A: I'm very satisfied with it, so I always greet the fans like this: "I'm Dog brother." The nickname Chinese fans gave me is a perfect fit.


Q: What does Kang Gary think of Chinese fans?
A: I always feel thankful. Everywhere I go, they always welcome me. Whenever I perform in showcases or tours, they always sing along with me. They speak Korean very well, and even sing along loudly with me, I was surprised many times. I'm grateful and I feel the responsibility to work harder in the future.


Q: Beside music, does Kang Gary have interest in other areas? Which business do you want to try?
A: I heard that Chinese celebs, from singers, actors to entertainers, they can do everything. They are dynamic entertainers. I think it's cool. And the audiences don't think that's strange, they welcome them. In Korean, if a singer does variety shows, he'll get questions like: "Why do you do this?" But in China it's a normal thing, so if I have a chance, I also want to try.


Q: The brand HALYANG is founded because Kang Gary has keen interest in fashion?
Before, when I didn't do variety show, only make music, I didn't have this interest. But recently my stylists suggested making a fashion brand. My dream is “halyang”, which means enjoying life, knowing how to spend money and how to play. But it can be a dream that never comes true, because I have to lower many of my standards for that dream. But a dream that never comes true is still a dream. I consider it an ideal to pursue when I’m old.  After deciding to make the brand “HALYANG”, I started to develop my interest in clothing.

[Translated by: mondaycouplefan_funny142]
Please take out with full credit

No comments:

Post a Comment