Thursday, October 15, 2015

Kang Gary interview with SE Weekly

 

Are you happy being Monday Couple with Song Ji Hyo? Will you two collaborate in music or in other areas?
Isn’t the best picture is Ji Hyo acting in my MV?


Before starting the interview, the reporter took the chance to confess to Gary
Translator: The reporter wants to say something to you in Korean.
Reporter: You’re so handsome.
Gary: You’re pretty.

We heard that when connecting all 10 songs in your new album it will become a complete story? What’s the story? Where did you get the inspiration?
No, it’s not like that. But it has the feel of having an opening and an ending. The first track, The guy who’ll do well anyway (Losers fly)”, has the feel of my old days in 2002.Halyang dream” is a track that converts my feelings back then into today’s. In between there’s a track called Rap”, it’s also about my feelings when thinking of the past. Rather than saying all the tracks are connected into a story, I’d say the feeling of each story in each track is connected.

All the tracks in “2002” are composed by Kang Gary?
All the lyrics are composed by me, except the rap parts by other rappers. I’m not good at using programs making beats for songs, but I participated in making the melody for all the tracks.

The biggest challenge in making MV for this album?
We finished filming the MVs. There are 2 title tracks so there are also 2 MVs. One track is about the feelings after a breakup. One track is racy, to the point I think that it should be 29+ rated, not 19+ rated. But after all it’s a love story.
I don’t appear in the MV of “Get some air”. In JOAI appeared for lip-sync part, but not too much. My part has the feel of a third person who’s only there to watch the story. So there’s no difficulty in filming the MV. But the models had to work very hard, and because they did their best, I think the MV turned out well.

Don’t you feel embarrassed?
No, not at all. I don’t feel like that, but it seems the models had a hard time filming the MV. But I’m thankful because their acting are great.

You used to say this in a performance: “I’ve been a singer for more than 10 years, but I become famous because of variety shows.” Many fans thought it was a heartbroken confession. How did you feel at that time?
I think people who became my fans because of my music might oppose me joining variety show, from the bottom of their hearts. I also agonized over this problem many times. But the more I do variety show, the more chances I have to witness the hardships that entertainers have to go through to make people laugh. No matter at what area, don’t easily judge anyone as you wish. Therefore I sorted out my thoughts again, and the more I do variety show, the more I'm determined to live with my best.  Now my fans understood that, so I should try harder in both areas.

You said making a good song is your true hobby. How do you define a good song?
I think good music is songs that can cheer you up when you’re down, give you strength when you have a hard time and make you dance when you’re happy. Good songs naturally embrace your emotions.

Will you give up Running Man to focus on your music career?
No. All of the Running Man members are all famous and very busy now. Running Man is my first variety show, so I feel the responsibility to go with it till the end. Moreover, it’s like a home to me, and the members also think like that. No matter how busy I am, I’ll work hard until the day it ends.

Are you happy being Monday Couple with Song Ji Hyo? Will you two collaborate in music or in other areas?
Isn’t the best picture is Ji Hyo acting in my MV?

Do you have any plan to become an actor?
I can say I want to try it, but to become an actor you should have some confidence in acting. Of course the more you do it, the more confidence you get. When I watch movies or dramas, I think actors are awesome. But what makes me worry more is whether I can act well.

[Translated by: mondaycouplefan_funny142]
Please take out with full credit



No comments:

Post a Comment